[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 22 14:55:07 PST 2008

>> One must not deprive the King of his rightful share of your bounty.
>
> Heh. Got one word for you. Rent. See what the curia thinks of their profit
> after each group spends twice what they would have buying the cookware
> renting what they need for a single event.
>
> toodles, margaret

Adamantius would be the one dealing with a curia.  In Ansteorra, you would
be 'splainin' to the Kingdom Seneschal and Exchequer, just how you managed
to blow a profitable event.  An incipient shire has a better chance of
getting away with this one than a 30+ year barony with long term players
that should know better.  Irritating the PTB, is liable to get the group a
serious change of management.

Now, I have nothing against renting equipment.  We've rented tables, chairs,
vans, trailers, canvas and any number of other things needed to pull off an
event.  I considered renting a propane fueled convection oven at one point.
But to use rentals to stick it to the man is likely to get renting
prohibited.  Not something I want to do when it may save the barony's bacon
down the road.

Bear