[Sca-cooks] Worchestershire pronunciations when drunk

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Fri Feb 22 15:30:38 PST 2008

> In the UK, Worcestershire is pronounced 'woost-ur-shire' and
> Worcestershire Sauce is referred to as 'Worcester Sauce', pronounced
> 'woos-tah'. In many other parts of the world, however, it is referred to
> as 'War-sest-uh-shire' Sauce.
>
> Johnnae
>
> Christine Seelye-King wrote:
>> And Master A - I just don't know. I cannot look at the word and
>> pronounce it correctly. My mouth simply refuses to do it. I have a
>> similar problem with  rhinoceros I add a few too many ssarouses.>>
>> Glad Tidings,
>> Serena da Riva

      THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
      1. Innovative
      2. Preliminary
      3. Proliferation
      4. Cinnamon

      THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
      1. Specificity
      2. Anti-constitutionalistically
      3. Passive-aggressive disorder
      4. Transubstantiate

      THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
      1. No thanks, I'm married.
      2. Nope, no more booze for me!
      3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
      4. Taco Bell ? No thanks, I'm not hungry.
      5. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
      6. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
      7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
      8. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no
coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
      9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to pee in this parking lot
or on the side of the road.
      10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning.

      just some silliness I read after this thread . . . . .
      Caointiarn