[Sca-cooks] Late Italian feast

Bhadra bhadradharma at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:29:21 PST 2008

Thank you Johnna!!!! This is GREAT advice and
I'm tucking this away in my files to treasure and refer to. (and take with
me shopping)
I have a storage unit, but am overly packed and crowded in our
apartment...we'll be buying a home around the 1st of the year (fingers
crossed)

Right now I specialize is cooking at home and learning period cooking.
(I have done some professional cooking wayyyyy back in the past though)
I will probably be entering A&S at some point. I have done camp cookery.
I'd love to learn to do the cakes and deserts. I've done potlucks in the
past.

I would like to learn to Feed Royals (I used to provide my special bread to
High Table
and that was a big success, but it was also a long time ago.

Ok, the Kitchen Aid Mixer I understand is a pretty good thing. Anybody seen
the
Vita Mix and any thoughts on it?

Book list anyone?

I have some serving wear, specifically a whitework Soup Tureen. I will start
looking
for those things. I cruise Estate Sales as well as Flea Markets, Antique
Stores,
Garage and Yard Sales, Thrift Stores and I'm a bloodhound for bargains.
But I don't skimp on quality.

I wonder about tools (other than knives) I have quite a lot already (3
containers and two drawers full)

Thank you, this is invaluable. Just goes to show, if you ask better
questions you get better answers.

Hugs,
Sabina