[Sca-cooks] [Bright Hills] Fw: [MR] Fwd: kingdom fundraising (at Gulf Wars!!)]

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:23:19 PST 2008

I have written to the exchecker and will pass on any information I get from her.

Olwen

To: brighthills at yahoogroups.comFrom: chagankhulan at comcast.netDate: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:05:10 -0500Subject: Re: [Bright Hills] Fw: [MR] Fwd: [Sca-cooks] kingdom fundraising (at Gulf Wars!!)]

Well, you can click on the link and read what it has and you can contact the folks running the show and ask. Chagan----- Original Message ----- From: Truman Barnes To: brighthills at yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:31 PMSubject: Re: [Bright Hills] Fw: [MR] Fwd: [Sca-cooks] kingdom fundraising (at Gulf Wars!!)]I wounder if the cooks guild cooking the Known word Dinner is subject tothis...?Karen Summerfelt-Hume <chagankhulan at comcast.net> wrote: Subject: [Fwd: [MR] Fwd: [Sca-cooks] kingdom fundraising (at Gulf Wars!!)]> From the Merry Rose.....>> Chagan>>> Good Friends,> I know that there is a lot of concern about raising money for the Kingdom.> I just found out from the SCA Cooks' List that those who are going to Gulf> Wars have a way that they can do volunteer "stuff" there and get money for> Atlantia based on the number of hours Atlantians serve. I don't kow how> much is given, but I suspect that every little bit helps. The message > below> has a link to a Web site where you can get more information about it.>> Kiri> Dun Carraig>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------> From: Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net>> Date: Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:40 AM> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] kingdom fundraising> To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>>>> Gulf Wars is essential run as a subsidiary of the SCA with it own budget,> operating board and treasurer. After the bills are paid and the operating> fund is replenished, each of the four sponsoring Kingdoms takes 15% of the> profits. The remaining 40% of the profits is apparently apportioned on > the> basis of volunteer hours and disbursed to the Kingdoms they represent. > The> basics can be found here,> http://www.sca.org/docs/finpolicies/GulfWarsFinancialPolicy.pdf>> I haven't a webbed copy of the Gulf Wars Financial Handbook, defined in > the> policy, but if you asked the Gulf Wars Exchequer as listed on> www.gulfwars.org you might get a more detailed answer.>> Bear>>> De: How does this work? How does a Kingdom get money for volunteering at>> Gulf?>>

Recent Activity

 3
New FilesVisit Your Group

Only on Yahoo!