[Sca-cooks] Tetilla cheese and redundacy

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:31:44 PST 2008

 Nicocolo wrote:

"Your post almost sounds like an encyclopedia entry :o)  Talk about knowing a
lot about an obscure cheese.  I'm pretty impressed . . . we all have our
little pockets of knowledge.  This one is a cool one to trot out at Bardic
Circles or parties involving cocktails.

"I thought that at least a little while during the "Middle Ages" of Europe,
Galicia was an "independent Kingdom", though.  Either way, cheese appears to
have been made there.

"niccolo"

Thanks for the complements the entry is mine. As far as I know Galicia was never an independent state. It was owned by Leon and then Castilla and Leon.
The problem with cheeses is that they did not receive names during the Middle Ages but some were called for the village from which they came such as Cabrales, i.e. the Spanish equivalent of Roquefort.
Nipple cheese was common.
This posting was published twice in the same message that irks me.
Suey