[Sca-cooks] Juana la Loca

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Feb 27 10:06:47 PST 2008

At 07:18 AM 2/27/2008,Ana Valdés said something like:
>Juana was definitely not mad but the victim of a "male" conspiration
>where her father, Ferdinand, her husband Philip and her son Charles
>used her as a pawn.
>The Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes wrote a marvelous novel about Juana
>and her love for her dead husband Philip, "Terranostra".
>
>Ana

There was a rather good movie made about her in 2001. "Juana la Loca"
(english title "Mad Love") http://imdb.com/title/tt0270480/
I don't remember if I saw it on late night cable, or at a friend's house,
but the movie was quite engaging.  I see that it has now gone from way over
$50 in price to under $30 these days (with used and other at around $13).

The costuming was good. The acting was good. The cinematography was
great.  It was a darn good show!

Regards,
Maggie