[Sca-cooks] OP - "to truly determine if she was mentally ill"

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Wed Feb 27 18:57:52 PST 2008

<< ... but
truly
determine
if
she
was
mentally
ill, ... >>

I am not a psychiatrist, but I doubt that it is possible to "truly determine if she was mentally ill". Categories like "mental illness" and their subtypes change over time. Therefore, it may be worth the while to say "mentally ill according to the system of a (certain) 16th century physician", "mentally ill according to the system of one of the 20th/21st century case books of psychiatry", "foolish according to contemporary accounts" etc.

I am not sure, if it is possible to chose one of these systems as the "true" system.

E.