[Sca-cooks] A question about knives

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 29 16:50:37 PST 2008

My Christmas present this year is the replacement of all my old, crappy
kitchen knives.  I've been getting a new one each month since December, and
so far have replaced my 8" chef, 10" boning, and my paring knives with
lovely Forschners.

I still need to replace my serrated knife, my large chef's knife, and my
steel.  I am keeping my cleaver.

The question is: are there any other knives you would recommend to round out
my set?  I'm getting one piece of cutlery a month, and have six more months
to fill out.  I intend to keep buying Forschner, as I like the balance and
the grips are comfortable for me.

Talana

I adore my Forschner santoku.

YMMV.