[Sca-cooks] Asian sources?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:47:48 PST 2008

Ooops....I forgot that one.  It was translated by Charles Perry and appeared
in a PPC..."Ni Tsan and his 'Cloud Forest Hall Collection of Rules for
Drinking and Eating'"  translated by Teresa Wang & E. N. Anderson**. *Petit
Propos Culinaires 60*.  London:  Prospect Books, 1998.

Kiri

*
*

On Feb 1, 2008 4:30 PM, Maggie MacD. <maggie5 at cox.net> wrote:

> At 08:46 AM 2/1/2008,Susan Fox said something like:
> >Dragon wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any idea if there are any period Asian cookbooks
> > > available in English translations?
> > >
> > > I am particularly interested in anything Chinese, Indian, or
> > > Japanese. Central Asian or Russian would also be good.
> > >
> > > Dragon
> > >

> >I can bring my copy of SOUP FOR THE KHAN to Festival Of The Rose
> >tomorrow, for your perusal.
> >
> >Also, don't underestimate the value of literary sources.  I have a vague
> >memory that the tale of the 47 Ronin began with the masterless men
> >meeting secretly in a soba shop.  [Okay, that's circa 1700 but it
> >illustrated my point.]
> >
> >Selene
>
> I've also got Soup for the Qan.  There's also the book that was covered in
> the PPC .. I forget what it was called other than the title involved
> "Clouds".
>
> Cheers,
> Maggie

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                   -- C.E. Lawrence