[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Berets was Non-SCA Authenticity

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun Feb 3 10:43:04 PST 2008

When the Black Beret became the standard Cover for the Army the screams were
heard from Washington (Ft. Lewis), to DC, and all around the world.  Rangers
were particularly miffed.  Letters hit the Army Times like snow on a ski
resort.

The Top Brass finally put it out "Soldier! Shut up and Soldier."  Common
feeling around my Recruiters is that they are ugly, stupid looking, do
nothing more than the garrison cap did in protecting your head, etc.  The
Commanding General also had to tell them he wanted them to look Military
Standard neat, not like a French pimp.

Didn't help when most of the first shipment had little tags saying "Made in
China" on them.

Regina