[Sca-cooks] Basting spit roasted meat

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 4 11:52:03 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
> > > I'm a bit disappointed with my egredouce this time.
It's good but not, "Oh mah Gawd you have to try
this" good.
Of course I would be disappointed in a couple of
my dishes that I will be presenting for the bloody
Kingdom A&S.

If you are aiming at a braised sort of version, gut up in the chuck primal
cut or something in the breast, man.  The loin primal is far too lean for
the susequent moist heat for egredouce.  Even something like a shank could
work out great for that dish . . . I may have to try that.  Oxtail would
also rock for that preparation . . . though not black letter from the
translations I've read.

niccolo