[Sca-cooks] Ersterz...

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:51:32 PST 2008

Yeah, I know what you mean.  We're still fighting the battle here around the
wonderful Chesapeake Bay (we live on what's referred to as the "Western
Shore.")  We also have a source of fabulous Blue Point oysters...Broome's
Island and all throughout the Bay.  Another wonderful treat are the blue
crabs (remember the ones from your wedding reception, Huette?).  There has
been a little recovery, but unfortunately, many of the industries on the
rivers that feed into the northern part of the Bay refuse to cooperate, and
many of the farmers persist in using fertilizers, etc., that leech off into
the Bay.  But we have hope that the crabs and oysters will, at some point,
be as plentiful as they once were!

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society.  This
link will take you to my personal page where you can learn more about this

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276