[Sca-cooks] bread makers

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Feb 10 14:36:06 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 12:37 PM, Caointiarn <caointiarn1 at bresnan.net> wrote:

> Share with us why you want a bread machine
> Caointiarn  { baking bread for Spring Feast in BSK}
>
> *******************************

I like a bread machine, because if I didn't have one, then I'd hafta
bake bread by hand- which means I'd rarely get fresh bread.

While I have a great deal of admiration for people like Bear or
Brighid, who bake their bread, it's just not something I'm very
interested in, along with pie crusts and other pastries. Yes, I can do
a competent job, but it's a chore, rather than fun, so I avoid doing
it. Same thing with dishes and dishwashers. OTOH, I've very much
enjoyed experimenting with making ice cream, or chocolate sauce, or
for that matter, fried chicken and many other foods, so I make them,
and don't buy TV dinners or the modern equivalents.

Cooking, like SCA, is all about enjoying what you're doing. If you
aren't enjoying what you're doing, then you need to be doing something
else- and there's nothing wrong with using equipment that makes the
boring necessities easier to do.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up