[Sca-cooks] Corneseli?

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Feb 12 12:31:29 PST 2008

Rugelach "little horn" is a traditional Jewish cookie made w/cream cheese
dough (American recipe) or butter (European recipe) Note: it can be made
pareve. Usually w/golden raisins for filling. Other fillings can be walnuts,
cinnamon, apricots, poppy seeds, marzipan, raspberries, chocolate chips....
or a mix. Think Pillsbury crescent rolls made like cinnamon rolls,

Some recipes but not period to my knowledge
http://www.ou.org/shabbat/recipes/5764/vayigash64.htm

picture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rogalach01.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blackberry_Rugelach.jpg

There is also Butter horns
Butter Horns Recipe
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon lemon juice
little lemon rind
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand for 5 minutes. Cream together butter
and sugar, add eggs. Combine all ingredients, except flour. Blend well.
Gradually add flour. Knead until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise.
Knead down once and let rise again. Roll 1/4 inch thick and spread with
butter or other fillings. Cut in wedge shapes and roll up. Place for about
15 minutes at 400o. (You may fill this with a mixture of 2 cups nuts,  cut
fine, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup of honey.) About 40 rolls.

German "Hornchen"