[Sca-cooks] Warm Beer was Beverage experiments

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 13 18:34:18 PST 2008

There was of course that English publication that I came
across last year. It's titled:

Warm beere, or, A treatise wherein is declared by many reasons that
beere so qualified is farre more wholsome then that which is drunke cold
with a confutation of such objections that are made against it,
published for the preservation of health.
Published in Cambridge : Printed by R.D. for Henry Overton, and are
to be sold at his shop ..., 1641.

So even as early as 1641 the English were being urged that warm
beer was more wholesome.

Johnnae