[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Feb 14 07:09:59 PST 2008

There's a fellow around here (old, old player rarely in evidence anymore), with a Japanese persona, who's been heard, on numerous occasions, to wonder about the odd local custom of cooking perfectly decent beans, throwing them away, and consuming the water.....
(as an aside, we serve coffee and tea at local, indoor events here--the majority of our barony's events take place during really colder months, so it's a kindness and a courtesy to have hot beverages available.  And it helps keep the non-cooks out of the kitchen....)
--Maire