[Sca-cooks] Recipe Search

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Thu Feb 14 21:41:02 PST 2008

Is this to be a sitdown feast or walk through buffet? Do you have a generic
theme or area specific?
I understand that you want to keep things simple but you have a lot of
pastries/pies.
Perhaps you might consider veggies instead of the carrot pie.
>From the florilegium:
This recipe is from Terence Scully's latest cookbook: Early French Cooking.
This recipe is a redaction from the Menagier de Paris.

Honey Glazed Vegetables:
for 5 lbs vegetables:

1 lb each (or chose any mix of a total = 5 lbs).

Turnips, carrots, squash (I used zucchini, i know its not period but it
really worked in the recipe and Scully listed it), fennel root, parsley root
and/or parsnip.

cook all vegetables in a pot with a little water, bring to boil and cook
until almost tender.  Add 20 tablespoons honey (1 1/4 cups). Reduce heat and
stir. Simmer until liquid has almost evaporated. Shake the pan to assure
honey is coating all the vegetables.

I did this dish for the Noble's Dinner at Bryn Gwlad's fall event. Itwas a
success.  Give it a try.

meadhbh

I have seen people just use carrots and some have added a dach of ginger to
it.

De