[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Feb 15 06:49:11 PST 2008

Yes, actually.  I've almost always got lemon and mint syrups in my house, and I enjoy drinking them in the evenings as an alternative to hot or iced tea (depending on the season).  People are so accustomed to the modern, caffeinated drinks around here, though, that bringing alternatives to events means I generally take them back home.  I hope to do an Islamic feast some day, god and knees permitting, and will be serving syrup-based drinks then.  I've tried the pomegranate, and want to spend some time experimenting with other recipes (like tamarind), for myself, if nothing else....
--Maire