[Sca-cooks] Current farm prices and affects on feast budgeting

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 16 17:37:36 PST 2008

Actually, it's 2.4% of your budget or 4.8% if the prices double.

The question is not what it cost you yesterday, but what it will cost you
tomorrow.   Since grain is used to feed livestock as well as produce flour,
you have to add those price increases in also.  What would a 50% increase in
the price of meat do to your budget?

We've had around a 90% increase in the price of grain over the past five
years, then in the last Quarter for which we have data, there has been a 25%
increase in the price of grain.  This could be a serious problem for doing
feasts in the near future.

Bear