[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

chawkswrth at aol.com chawkswrth at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 11:02:21 PST 2008

The reason for the breakfasts is that we in Meridies do weekend events at Church Camps and Woodman of the World Camps and so on. Places with heated indoor spaces and indoor 'facilities' are goood, in our book.

Mykeal, you should talk to Kevin. That was uncalled for. Breakfasts should have their own cooks, but I will admit that often, we look at the Head Cook as just that-THE Head Cook. It is the food budget that is under his/her control and who shares the kitchen.

Iron Mountain usually has a Head Cook for over all, a Cook for the Breakfasts and a Cook for the Royal Luncheon.

The budget is usually a dollar per head for breakfast, 6-7 dollars per head for Feast, and the Royal Luncheon is a separate line item in the budget, usually about 40 to 50 dollars, depending on who is Royal at the time, and their dietary needs.
Each Cook will also have their own staff, to ensure that no one gets too over-worked, unless it is their choice. But usually, the next staff will shoo out the previous with orders to go take a walk, watch the fighting, swing on the swing set or go back to bed. An overworked staff is no good to anyone, and a safety hazard to themselves.

Helen