[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 19 13:26:07 PST 2008

Michael Gunter wrote:

>One thing all the Kingdoms need to do is have more successful
>feast cooks go and assist in kitchens. One problem I have found
>is that even some cooks who are not very good feel they are
>great and resent anyone trying to help them improve.

Oh, yes, I've encountered that.  I was preparing for an important feast,
once, some months out from the event, and I invited such a person to a
doing medieval stuff/recipe testing day at my house.  She didn't come
along, and later we heard that she'd told her friends that Terese and I
obviously didn't know how to cook very well, since we had to _test_ our
recipes...

--
Antonia Calvo
(formerly known as Adele de Maisieres)