[Sca-cooks] New book on Peeps

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 19 13:43:13 PST 2008

At 01:31 PM 2/19/2008, you wrote:

>On Feb 19, 2008 3:14 PM,  <chawkswrth at aol.com> wrote:
><snip>Have you ever watched a roasting Peep over a roaring fire?
></snip>
>
>Excuse a question from a daft Aussie but what the h*ck is a Peep?
>
>Drakey.

Marshmallows in animal shapes, dusted with colored sugar. The most
common ones come out at Easter, in the shapes of bunnies and chicks-
hence the name 'Peeps'. Peeps are fun to abuse. You can stick
toothpicks in two of them, position them opposite each other in the
microwave, turn it on and watch them 'joust'. I made a 'peep show' a
few years back with ghost-shaped Halloween Peeps. I made them into
Vikings with the addition of bits of pretzels for the horned helmets,
constructed a longboat (loaf of French bread and a croissant) and a
village to raid (dinner rolls with shredded wheat for thatched roofs,
etc). It was for a Halloween event and was lots of fun. I've also
seem massed battles set up with Peeps. Waaaay too much possibility for fun!

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore