[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 19 14:11:31 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 4:52 PM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 01:26 PM 2/19/2008, you wrote:
>
>> Oh, yes, I've encountered that.  I was preparing for an important
>> feast,
>> once, some months out from the event, and I invited such a person
>> to a
>> doing medieval stuff/recipe testing day at my house.  She didn't come
>> along, and later we heard that she'd told her friends that Terese
>> and I
>> obviously didn't know how to cook very well, since we had to _test_
>> our
>> recipes...
>
> My chin just hit my chest with some force! How... why... what...
>
> Beyond comment.
>
> 'Lainie

That August Personage uses recipes??? What a hack! ;-)

Seriously, though, I must admit honestly that I don't always test
recipes in real time, either; more often I do a simulation run in my
head. But it's probably a combination of experience and extreme luck
to have gotten away with it all these years, and I certainly would
neither counsel my method for anyone not comfortable with it, or for
anyone for whom there's another method that works better. I am all
about doing what works for people.

I hope you were able to make her eat her words, Antonia!

Adamantius