[Sca-cooks] Subtleties was Feast costs/budgets

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 20 04:01:18 PST 2008

Feasts end up with subtleties because someone cares enough
to spend untold hours and monies creating them.
Most subtleties are donated out of pocket by the creators.
Most (at least those that I hear about and have seen) are never eaten.
They are simply a sight only presentation at best and an untold
number are never even presented. (Nothing worse than to have
the subtletie left forgotten in the kitchen or shoved to a far away
corner where it cannot be viewed by anyone.)

But what is a subteltie that is "only for Royalty"?

If the subtletie has been displayed for all to see and paraded around
to be seen, does that not fulfill their reason for being?

Johnnae