[Sca-cooks] Feast Thanks and Feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 20 13:00:15 PST 2008

<<< I used to always give cookbooks.
(I know who would have thought that I would come up with that idea.)

Johnnae

>  snipped
> make sure that I give my personal thanks to the staff and present each
> person with a small token of my thanks. I have only recently begun
> to do
> this, but there are always things I learn with each feast I do.
>
> Euriol
>
> The last few feasts I did, I made a habit of gifting the primary
> assistants
> (maybe 8 or 10) with ounces of spice in little sealed jars.  It is a
> personna thing as well as a way to get them accustomed to the spices.
> Nothing huge, but worth the effort to do it when you can.
>
> niccolo difrancesco >>>

Oh my. I was already behind in reading this list, although I always
try to at least scan each day's digests. But there were 14! digests
yesterday, a daily record I think. So I missed the first part of this
thread and don't know what the original question was. However,
headcooks wondering what they might give out as personal thank-you
gifts for those that helped them with the feast might consider this
file of interest:
gifts-4-staff-msg (14K) 12/ 1/06    Gift suggestions for members of
the event
                                        stewards or headcooks staff.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-EVENT-PLANNING/gifts-4-staff-
msg.html

There is also this file. But after cooking and tasting period cooking
all day, this idea might not go over as well as at other times.
food-gifts-msg    (32K)  5/ 3/07    Period food items that make good
gifts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/food-gifts-msg.html

Stefan
--------