[Sca-cooks] The benefits of Anise

V A phoenissa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:03:10 PST 2008

Hey, cool -- another folk remedy gets verified by modern science. ;-)  In
Lebanon, anise "tea" (just whole aniseseeds steeped in hot water) is used as
a panacea for headaches, stomachaches, cramps, and whatever else ails you.
My mom used to make it for me as a kid whenever I had a cold.  When I got to
college I discovered it worked on hangovers too. ;-)

Now the question for us is, what did medieval people think about the
curative properties of anise...?

Vittoria