[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Thu Feb 21 13:28:03 PST 2008

Antonia Calvo wrote:

>Ummm... in the Barony of Southron Gaard we just buy what we think we need.
>
>OK, a bit more specifically... we have very little cooking equipment
>(though we may acquire more in future)-- just a couple of large pots and
>a few bits and pieces.  We _DO_ have lots of serving equipment-- bowls,
>platters, plates, spoons, etc.  Last time we had a big buy, I made a
>list of what I thought we needed, went to Council with my list and
>requested a budget for purchases.  Then I went shopping in several
>inexpensive places and handed the acquisitions over to the Quartermaster.

As I understand it, that is pretty much what was done here too. Most
of what is in the possession of the barony is service gear but there
are pots and a few other specific cooking items.

Another idea is to ask members if they would donate some items for
the group. People will donate a lot of things if they are asked to
make a contribution.

Or you could have a fund raiser of some sort to help defray costs.

>Our Barony probably does 3-5 feasts per year, plus a 5-6 day encampment
>with a meal plan, so we get lots of use out of our stuff.

A good point, I think that if the gear were available, it would get
more use than you might imagine it would before you got it.

Dragon