[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Tue Feb 26 03:56:15 PST 2008

> And then, of course, there's the idea that
> we've been told that, for Kingdom events,
> we must turn over a certain amount of profit
> to the Kingdom before there's even the
> beginning of a 50/50 split.  The last time
> we did a Twelfth Night, we were told that,
> no matter what the event made, we had to give
> the Kingdom X number of dollars.

Your post sent me scurrying to the online edition of Atlantian Kingdom
Financial policy, where I found that you were either misinformed or policy
has changed. Here's the current bit:

3.4.1   Kingdom Event profits are those monies remaining from event receipts
after all expenses have been paid. Cost of the site, food, prizes, supplies
for decoration, advertising, or administrative purposes are acceptable
expenses to be charged to an event. Acquisition of items, which will be
retained by the hosting group (such as serving gear or cooking gear), are
not considered expenses of the event.

3.4.2   Any branch that sponsors a Kingdom level event, excluding
inter-Kingdom wars or events and sessions of The University of Atlantia,
will receive 50 percent of the profits from the event. The balance of the
profits shall be turned over to the Kingdom treasury for the General Fund.

Since I'm 4 days from hosting a Kingdom event, I was suddenly worried!
And now I'm not. Well, not as much. (One doesn't stop worrying until the
numbers are in, eh?)

Hrothny
--
Math problems?
Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
online2much at cox.net