[Sca-cooks] Knife jackpot!

Barbara Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 26 16:06:44 PST 2008

Wustoff Trident, my favorite!
Sometimes it pays to listen to the voices in our heads. :-)

Felicia
---- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

While at work a little voice in my head kept repeating the word "goodwill" to me, so when I got off I jumped in the truck and headed over to the store.  I didn't need anything and I'm actually getting rid of stuff instead of buying so just bopped around picking stuff up and putting it back down.  They had lots of cool stuff but I wasn't tempted.  Until I was forced to walk down an isle to get around a jam-up.  I glanced at the shelf and saw a familiar image on the front of a knife block of a little guy holding a spear (or whatever that is).  The block held a 8", a bread knife, a 10" sharpener, a 5 1/2" filet and a paring knife.  There is one empty slot.  I pretty much did the happy dance all the way to the counter without really checking out the price.  As the fellow was going to ring up my purchase he asked if I had a coupon, which I did for 10 percent off.  I waltzed out of there with my knife set that I purchased for a whopping total of $4.95.  Life is lookin pretty good!

Cariad a heddwch (love and peace)

Dame Olwen the Odd
Laurel to Lady Katherine O'Carroll
Order of the Pearl