[Sca-cooks] One Handed Cooking

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:40:49 PST 2008

Good luck with the reconstruction. You might look ahead now to how
you are going to retrieve and open various bags, cans, and packages.
Not knowing which hand is involved, you may need to get kitchen snips
or scissors that can be manipulated by the non-cast hand. Can you work
a can opener with that hand? Would an electric opener help? How will
you do dishes? Paper plates? There still might be pots?
Those boil in the bag dinners can be slippery and require opening. Can
they be opened with what will be your good hand? Have you practiced
that operation?
These sites might help:
http://www.infinitec.org/live/kitchens/singlehand.htm
http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=84424