[Sca-cooks] Fund Raising

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:26:16 PST 2008

We in Chile have six musical concerts free of charge throughout the year
and three lectures with banquets per year in our local district for
which we charge In 2006, the first year we tried banquets, the theme was
Spanish food before America, the second was American Food Before
Columbus and the third Combined Food between that of the natives and
that which the Spaniards brought. I was the first speaker. All three
dinners/conferences were sellouts with 110 - 120 paid guests. In 2007
the theme was regions of Chile, mainly Pacific fish but one vegetarian
lecture. All were sell outs.
     Our Cultural Community gives six concerts per year free of charge
but there is a contribution bucket at the entrance of the church where
the concerts are held. We have cheese and wine before or after the
concerts. With all that we pay for one employee, the concerts and the
food items needed for the feasts which are held at a restaurant and we
try the foods 3 or 4 days before the chef comes from his region and
personally prepares the food..
Suey