[Sca-cooks] Galkician Independence

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:47:46 PST 2008

Nick wrote:
> [...]
I suppose you are right but somehow as Portugal was connected I don't
consider Galicia 'independent'.
> the whole original point, really, was that it was not "Spanish", but an
> independent nation and culture in the Middle Ages.  That being the time of
> discussion of a certain variety of cheese.  It really is beggin a question
> to say "Spanish", but I don't split that hair . . . . only specifying the
> varied and multiple nationalities that wandetred around in both the Iberiena
> penninsula and the Italian penninsla during the middle ages, however they
> are defined.

When writing about 'Spanish' food in the Middle Ages it is very
difficult as it creeps into modern history or it is forgotten in Spain
but still exists in South America. Thanks for blowing your whistle. You
are very correct. I do find myself splitting hairs.
Suey