[Sca-cooks] The country mouse and the city mouse

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:29:54 PST 2008

    Is it known who wrote the first fable on this subject? I was reading
the Archpriest of Hita's version today. It is lovely. He mentions the
love for the simple fava bean. The country mouse feels it is better to
have little and appreciate it then to have much if one fears death as
the city mouse. For him life is bitter and dangerous. He, therefore,
cannot enjoy his dinner table filled with rich foods for he views them
as poison against him or at least that is how I interpret it: Ruíz/Brey.
1965:370a-1384d:211-213.
    After I annotated my interpretation a friend called requesting the
reference of the M.D.who helped me so much for my back because his wife
is dying of hunger =-O ! Shoot, tell me more about the country and city
mouse. Is my interpretation correct or can we improve on it?
    All sounds odd for yesterday I was looking at Maimoides - he said: a
happy person is a healthy person. Nostalgia for death implies denial for
the living. Another reference states: Today always commences in your
favor, its up to you to blow it.
    Suey