[Sca-cooks] kneeling

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:53:54 PST 2008

> Yes, I have gotten ragged on by friends who know about the knees and are distressed that I choose to kneel anyway.  I love them all dearly.  I understand that they have my best interests at heart.  I will continue to kneel as long as I can still perform the activity.

At my elevation ceremony I insisted on kneeling when I took my oath of
fealty. I had warned the Crown ahead of time that, come hell or
highwater I was going to kneel. But even at the last minute he
reminded me that I need not kneel.

This is funny only if you know I was 8 months pregnant at the time.
And not cute basketball strapped to the stick figure stomach pregnant.
With my voluminous ropa made for the occasion I believe the analogy
was made to "a majestic ship setting sail" as I waddled down the
aisle.

I made it down and up, missing head butting the sword of state by
scant inches. But I kneeled and I would have regretted it for life if
I had not.

--
Serena da Riva