[Sca-cooks] Coffyn pan and bread bowls

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 19 13:48:58 PST 2008

Both of the Harleian recipes for Rastons call for cutting them "round about
(or above) in the manner of a crown" then recovering the bottom and its
contents with the top.  How this is done depends on one's concept of a
crown, but any dagging or crenelation would be easier done in a larger loaf.
I think a loaf of eight ounces to one pound would best suit this dish.

Bear