[Sca-cooks] Seeking Costus...

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 00:12:40 PST 2008

I'd love to get some of the root variously called Costus and Costum
in most of the books i've read, and also called putchuk and kusht in
"Flavours of Byzantium" by Andrew Dalby.

We have an excellent spice shop in town, called "Lhasa Karnak", which
carries lots of seasoning and medicinal herbs and spices, but they
don't have it - heck, for reasons i don't know, they don't carry long
pepper - i have to get it at, of all places, "Whole Foods".

I did a web search, but didn't turn up anyone selling it. Has anyone
come across it for sale?
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita