[Sca-cooks] Sausage results

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:08:23 PST 2008

If the main thing you're after here is the color, I suspect you could use
one of the cheaper grades, at least.  I do have some of that on hand and, to
be honest, can't remember where I got it...I think it was a gift from
someone coming back from a visit to the Middle East.

Kiri

On Jan 23, 2008 8:56 AM, Barbara Benson <voxeight at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can get a 1 ounce tin from the local Indian Market for about $16.00.
> I have never been able to use it all when I purchase it.
>
> --
> Serena da Riva
>
> On Jan 22, 2008 10:06 PM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
> <adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm struck by the fact that Welserin calls for a quarter ounce of
> > saffron, IIRC. That's rather a lot, no? I can get it cheaply enough
> > (probably last year's harvest marked down in a one-ounce tin) for
> > experimentation purposes, but is that what the other people are doing?
> >
> > Adamantius

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                   -- C.E. Lawrence