[Sca-cooks] Bread bowls

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Jan 23 13:47:59 PST 2008

I remember many years ago... before I was introduced to the SCA... you
could walk along Fisherman's Wharf and get a great bread bowl with clam
chowder. This would be from one of those small vendors that also sold the
fresh crab. I was also able to indulge in this sort of thing on the pier in
Santa Cruz. Now what I wouldn't give for a decent loaf of San Francisco
Sourdough Bread here in Northeaster Pennsylvania. I was fortunate enough a
couple of years ago to bring my proteges out there and introduce them to
what I think is one of the Bay Area's best.

*sighs wistfully* Euriol