[Sca-cooks] Chickpea and Barley Flour

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:34:27 PST 2008

Gianott and Johnna or was it Dragon? wrote why make it yourself if you
can buy it ready made? Well, I have always felt poor, which is not
exactly true, but I scrape so if I have the raw product I make it from
scratch. Perhaps that is why I deal with medieval cookery, I live on a
close budget. Too, the flour made by me would be more course than if I
buy it ready made. I think my flour would be more like it was in the
medieval period.
You are right about not being able to get ingredients in foreign
countries. My son is graduating from Wharton this year and all I send to
him are my orders from Victoria's Secrets! What will his USP mailbox
think???
By the by talking about international participants - thanks guys you are
sweet -  I live in Chile and Madrid because that is where I grew up
essentially and I keep an apartment there. We are spending more and more
time in Chile since buying an apartment here four years ago now that we
have more work here than there but my research in medieval cookery is
from years and years at the National Library of Spain in Madrid, my true
home but I love Chile 'every moment of the year'. It is a wonderful country!
Ooops forgot to put in a plug for Cristina Alonso, daughter dear,
midwife, founder and director of Luna Maya Birth Center in Chiapas,
Mexico and organic maniac. www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/ripi.asp etc
Suey