[Sca-cooks] White Pizza- OOP

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 27 08:26:01 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
I just find it ironic, to use a charitable term, that we need a
convenience food to substitute for the arduous labor of boiling pasta,
not completely draining it from its salted water, adding some butter
and grated cheese, and tossing it. Is it the back-breaking labor of
grating the cheese I'm failing to take into account?  > > > > > > >

Oddly enough, it is likely the arduous labor costs of manning a small
restaurant with an added 'skill' guy to make this sort of a la minute dish
servable to many people.  Smaller places around the country had to come up
with something that didn't require the skill and time for that sort of thing
to work . . . can't have a generic $10 kitchen manager direct the traffic to
get that sort of finesse dish out in time to avoid the inevitable glue ball.
A horrible trade-off, but one that people started accepting.

niccolo difrancesco