[Sca-cooks] Chickpea and Barley Flour

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Jan 28 18:26:27 PST 2008

I'm guilty, 100%, of making whole-grain mustard, but it's purely because I prefer it that way.  It's also less work.
I'm interested, though, in trying frumenty with some different types of wheat.  This part of Artemisia is largely hard winter wheat country, but there are all kinds of wheat berries available at my local "granola" store (Good Food Store...local equivalent of Whole Foods).  Of the common wheats available today, which is closest to that found, say, in 14th century Northern Europe?
--Maire