[Sca-cooks] firing up a clay oven

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Jan 1 20:42:32 PST 2008

When we were playing with small brick ovens, we found that the method
Elizabeth David talks about was fastest--lots of brushwood. It burns
quickly and hot, so it heats up the oven faster. I'm not sure that the
charcoal is going to give you much of an advantage, since it's optimized
for embers and not for quick heat.

YIS,

Margaret FitzWilliam