[Sca-cooks] Sauces for Caerthe

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:16:15 PST 2008

> Also I have about 12 heads of garlic and one lb of> almonds.. so will work out something there. I was> VERY tempted by the horseradish sauce... and may still> change my mind.
Go with the Garlic-Pepper sauce from Pleyn Delit or, with
that amount of garlic and almonds you can try a Jance:

White Garlic SauceFrom: Libro de arte coquinaria, by Maestro MartinoOriginal recipe:

White garlic sauce. Take carefully skinned almonds and pound them, and when they are pounded halfway, add as much garlic as you like, and pound them very well together, adding a little cool water to prevent them from becoming oily. Then take crumb of white bread and soften it in lean meat or fish broth depending on the calendar; this garlic sauce can be served and adapted at will for meat days and days of abstinence.

Gunthar