[Sca-cooks] Congrats are in order...

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 7 00:48:15 PST 2008

I'll chime in and offer my congratulations, too.
Surely a well-deserved honour.

Giano

Yesterday, after months of activity on the part of a
Vast Monarchic
Conspiracy (with help from some others), Lady Philippa
Ferraria (sp?),

a.k.a. Phlip, was hunted down and hauled, kicking and
screaming, into
court at East Kingdom Twelfth Night, and there
inducted into the Order

of the Manche, which is the East's Order of High Merit
for achievement

in and service to the Arts and Sciences.

It can be given for surpassing competence in Diverse
Arts or
excellence in one or more. In Phlip's case recognition
was for
multiple arts, including metalworking and cookery.

I think technically the award was given, or was
supposed to be given,
at the Saint Andrew's/Baronial Investiture in the
Barony of an
Dubhaigeainn back in early November, but there was
some sort of glitch

and the actual court date had been rescheduled.

So congratulations to Lady Philippa! We're all
thrilled to see you get

this award, and also pretty amused as we watch you try
to behave
yourself ;-).

Adamantius (who never never never cheats at cards, or
is sick at sea)