[Sca-cooks] Problems with sausage

Diane & Micheal Reid dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 7 17:58:52 PST 2008

 I had the same problems with sausage at the begining still do by times when
I try something new or redacting a recipe.
 Now this is what I do, 10 lbs meat 1 lbs suet, 1 lbs wet filler. Use the
fat of the animal to make your sausage. Filler can be either oatmeal, bread
crumbs, rice, or what ever you are use to but it has to be wet with your
choice of fluid, water, wine, whiskey, whatever. The idea is to make a
porridge of it then add your spices. The second grind is finer but most of
the time it is directly into casings unless you have to hold it for some
form of setting time.
 If I am doing sausage I try to get under belly meat because it is almost
ideal and you seldom have to add suet at all.
 Yours I hope it helps
 Cealian