[Sca-cooks] knee pads

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Wed Jan 9 18:08:49 PST 2008

I've seen the East Kingdom kneeler and envied it until there was a spate of
comments about how it doesn't stay together quite the way they had planned.

I love ... loved kneeling.  I can still do it, but it's the getting up part
that makes me think of Disney's "Dance of the Hours" from Fantasia.  The
knees work fine going down, they can even stand solid cement or pine cones
for a short period of time.  But once that period of time is over, so is any
hope of rising in a gentile fashion.

I've tried knee pads and they do help the comfort level.  Unfortunately I
think they actually make it harder to get up again. I even tried one of
those Orange (of course) folding stools that 'Lanie has around here, but it
was more of a nuisance than a help.  The whole myth about knights needing a
crane to lift them onto their Tourney Horses was a misprint for 40lb Houpes
and full Tudor (suction here) skirt risings :->

Regina, who is so glad she actually got the Danglies before they would have
had to drag in the mud on the uptake)