[Sca-cooks] Bread bowls was Coffyn pan?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:19:59 PST 2008

Not sure if it's the same guy, but there's a Bread Bowl "eatery" at Pennsic
each year...great food, again no claim as to being period.  They do a garlic
chicken dish served over pasta that's to die for, IF you like...I mean
really like...garlic!

Kiri

On Jan 18, 2008 8:58 AM, Georgia Foster <jo_foster81 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There was a food vender at Estrella for many years who served soup in a
> bread bowl.  His establishment was called, with blinding origionality ...
> The Bread Bowl.  He never claimed his wares to be 'period' but the bowl made
> a convenient container.  I worked for him several Estrellas when money was
> tight.
>
> For a modern reference, Quiznos (a National food chain - primarily
> sandwiches) serves soup in a bread bowl.
>
> Cheers
>
> Malkin
> Otherhill
> Artemisia
>  Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
>
> Never knock on Death's door.
> Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                   -- C.E. Lawrence