[Sca-cooks] Bread Yeasts

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 06:08:53 PST 2008

Kimberly Vallance wrote  " I just fail at pastry crusts ..."

Me too. (insert heavy sigh with deep emotion).  Never could get the hang of a decent flaky shortcrust.  Just not in my abilities list, and I have been trying for 35 years.  Cookies : sure, Cakes : no problem, complicated directions written in some foreign language :  difficult but not insurmountable, Convert from sugar to Splenda for my diabetic friends : can do, "Well, just add a spoon of flour and a half-spoon of sugar and cook it till it's done: I can manage.  Never been able to produce a pastry crust that was edible by modern standards.  Mother on the other hand, says "... well ... just do THIS ... " and hers turns out beautifully.

Finally, in abject desperation, I started using Pillsbury.  not the same .. not as good ... but better than any I have ever been able to turn.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that