[Sca-cooks] Ideas for Subtleties...

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 19 20:21:48 PST 2008

Ok then I'll start off a thread for Klaus....
Cause I have been there and needed the inspiration...

A pirate ship of Gingerbread, Goblets/tumblers (either or there) of
sugar paste for Cordials, Various things of Bread.... Uhm Castles,
Dragons, Beasts of many and various kinds, a Knights helm of butter, I
think Stefan has something in the Floreligium on Illusion Feasts...
Check that OUT!!!!   Dessert served on poured sugar dishes, (a bit
sticky bet very cool.), Do a web search for Pea Pods there is a really
cool recipe out there for a really cool subtletie. Oooh if you want to
gross folks out figure out how to make entrails inside a meat beast or
even a chicken... Hey Chicken stuffed with pasta and tomato sauce....
When they cut into it out come the guts... eeewwww.
Oh and You want inspiration?  Tell ya an easy way to get it... Go find a
copy of VATEL.  It is out of period but the Food!!!!! Is freaking awe
inspiring.  Not to mention the sets.... Also check out Marie Antoinette
it also has great food that will give you inspiration to create new
extremes....

Those are just some thoughts for tonight.  BTW No I don't have any
period proof of any of those they are simply off the top of my head.

Good luck hopefully others will toss out some thoughts...

Nichola