[Sca-cooks] Coffyn pan?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 20 15:47:24 PST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Susan Fox wrote:

> Lilinah wrote:
>> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>>
>>> What eternal question about bread bowls? Around here in my local
>>> group
>>> many people tend to think they're just a little bit silly...
>>>

>> And Adele de Maisieres responded:
>>
>>> I've never seen them done here.  Come to think of it, I don't
>>> think I've
>>> even seen them done mundanely around here.
>>>

> At Disney's California Adventure, there is an outdoor eatery that
> offers
> chowder in a bread bowl.  It's quite tasty. You don't want to bother
> eating on the Disneyland side.  I have more to say on that subject,
> and/or there is much other commentary by others online, but that's a
> different topic altogether.

I keep meaning to ask: when people speak of a bread bowl, there appear
to be two types; one is a loaf with the top removed and the crumb
removed from the center, and the other is more like a bowl molded from
a high-gluten dough over some sort of form, presumably baked over that
form, then removed.

Are we usually speaking of the former, and not the latter? Or am I
just confusing these with formed tortilla salad bowls?

As I've mentioned, we tend not to see either very much around here,
except at business meetings and parties attended by local SCAdians,
and usually full of cheese dip of some kind...

Adamantius